The Ten Commandments
These 10 commandments were given through Moses to the Isralites by God written on two stone plates.
Bible Exodus 20:1-17
God spoke, and these were his words; “I am the Lord your God who brought you out of Egypt, where you were slaves.
- “Worship no god but me.
- “Do not make for yourselves images of anything in heaven or on earth or in the water or under the earth. Do not bow down to any idol or worship it, because I am the Lord your God and I tolerate no rivals. I bring punishment to those who have me and on their descendants down to the third and fourth generation. But I show my love to thousands of generations of those who love me and obey my laws.
- “Do not use my name for evil purposes, for I, the Lord your God, will punish anyone who misuses my name.
- “Observe the Sabbath and keep it holy. You have six days in which to do your work, but the seventh day is a day of rest dedicated to me. On that day no one is to work - neither you, your children, your slaves, your animals, nor the foreigners who live in your country. In six days I, the Lord, made the earth, the sky, the sea, and everything in them, but on the seventh day I rested. That is why I, the Lord, Blessed the Sabbath and made it holy.
- “Respect your father and your mother, so that you may lice a long time in the land that I am giving you.
- “Do not commit murder.
- “Do not commit adultery.
- “Do not steal.
- “Do not accuse any one falsely.
- “Do nor desire another man’s house; do nor desire his wife, his slaves, his cattle, his donkeys or anything else that he owns.”
Most Important Commandment
These are the two most important commandments taught by Jesus.
In Bible Mathew 22:35-40
One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."
Do I keep up all these commandments of God?
Am I a Sinner?
Watch through these videos 1 & 2